When couples decide to get married one of the first questions that come up is how much are they going to spend, what will they spend it on and whether they need a WEDDING PLANNER. Couples often think that they will save money when they do it themselves but this is far from the truth. Below are some of the reasons a wedding planner is not only a fantastic resource which will make life so much easier for the couple and family but also helpful to keep the budget on track and ensure you thought of everything. Most of all you will be able to enjoy the wedding day while leaving the details to someone else! Here are the top 5 reasons to hire a planner.
1) Stress – A planner takes on the stress so you don’t have to. A planner will be the one to respond to all of the emails from various vendors and serve as the point person so you only have to deal with one contact. They will coordinate all of the meetings and be there to remember the details, plus ask the right questions. And most importantly, the planner will be there on the big day to make sure everything runs smoothly so you can be with your family and friends.
2) Prioritization – There are several guides you can find on the internet which will tell you what percentage you should be spending on every aspect of your wedding. It is fine to use them to inform your decision, but it is also valuable to know what is important to you and put your money there. If food is your thing, then you might want to throw extra money into the catering budget. If you are a music lover, you might want to put a greater amount of money there. That’s why it is important to discuss what you (and this means anyone who has a say in the wedding) care about the most and in what order. A planner will offer guidance about what is within your price range and what will throw everything else out of whack. It is easy to get excited about all of the possibilities and make an uninformed choice, but a planner will serve as a great resource since they often know the acceptable range of what a service is worth.
3) Relationships with vendors – A planner is in the position to work on multiple events and they have established relationships with vendors of all sorts – photographers, florists, musicians, dj’s etc. Not only do planners spend time researching and meeting with vendors to know the best that’s out there for every budget, but they also refer couples to vendors constantly. As a result of all of these referrals, a vendor is more likely to negotiate with a planner since they can give them repeat business.
4) Experience – Most people are planning their wedding with no knowledge of how to throw a large-scale event. Of course there are books and plenty of tips from well-meaning friends and family, but a planner has seen many events. A planner is in the unique position to know what things should cost in every range. They can tell you if you are being cheated or if that “expensive” photographer really isn’t so expensive after all. They know what questions to ask your vendors and how to schedule the day so that you can get your photos taken, your guests fed, your speeches completed and everyone out on the dance floor.
5) They are required – More and more venues are requiring planners. Hotels used to have banquet managers to assist couples throughout the whole day, but this is an easy cost-cutting measure for venues. They get to cut their staff and have them go home and your planner will be the one to stay until the end of your wedding and make sure everything gets wrapped up; rentals collected, gifts delivered to your room and wait for vendors to come and pick up their items. Site coordinators offered up by the venues often represent the venue, not the couple. They will help you, but they will not advocate for you as a planner would. In addition to traditional venues, many couples are now seeking out unusual spaces for their weddings – barns, art galleries, lofts – and all of these spaces need planners as well since they double as a wedding site and often have no one to help.
Top 5 reasons why you should hire a wedding planner – from a recent mother of the bride!
1) Sanity. Let’s be honest here – planning a wedding, and coordinating all the vendors is hard work. Not to mention I have a job, and hobbies, and other obligations that keep me busy. I have been super hands on in my daughter’s wedding planning process, but Delia keeps me sane. I know that I can send her an email randomly throughout the day about some small details of the wedding and she’s going to respond with an answer shortly and reassure me that all is going to be okay! Not to mention the month, week and day of the wedding. I think this is going to be the busiest time for me! Between all my upcoming pre-wedding travel and work, I know Delia has my wedding in mind and she’s going to keep everything running smoothly.
2) Focus. Along with many other brides and mothers, we tend to get overly excited about every last detail we see on Pinterest and all the wedding blogs. I’m constantly adding things to my to-do list and making more work for everyone involved. And here’s the deal. I’ve got to stay on focus. I have a vision, and sometimes adding too many details can get a little busy. Having a planner, who has done tons of events and knows what’s needed and what’s silly, will keep you on focus and ensure that you’re paying attention to the important things and not wasting time on anything else!
3) Peace of Mind. All I want to do on the day of my wedding, before the ceremony, is relax with my family and bridal party, drink some sparkling wine and maybe take a stroll through the set-up of the wedding and check everything out. I know that I don’t want to be on the phone with the lighting people, trying to figure out where they are and why they didn’t arrive on time. This is probably one of my most favorite things about having a wedding planner. They take care of all that for you! Knowing me, I’ll probably want to hear a little bit of what is going on, but I know that Delia is going to have it covered
4) Tie Breaker. Sometimes we can’t decide on something. Maybe its a color. Or maybe its the way somethings works timing wise. Or maybe it’s the way the ceremony is going to run. Delia is always there to give her trustworthy opinion and break that tie. She knows what works and what keeps an event moving!
5) Honesty. I know I can ask her any question and she’s going to tell me her honest opinion. And that’s exactly how I want it. I don’t need someone to side step around my feelings, I need an answer so I can make a decision and move on to the next decision that needs to be made. Not only does this make life easier, but it cuts waaaaaaay back on frivolous emails.
So there you have it! Our top 10 reasons on why you should totally have a wedding planner! I hope this helps some of you brides-to-be out there!! Wedding planning should be fun!
Let us help you create YOUR fabulous event! Call us today at 424-209-7273 OR Send us a message with all your details through the contact form below. You can also click on the link for our website for more ideas for your next event.